Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

This forum has been absolutely AWESOME as far as getting advise on a new case for my MFC-101. I bought this case for my ground control pro and expression pedals, but when I got a deal on an MFC 101 that I couldn't refuse, I didn't even think that it would be too tall for my pedalboard!! So now I am on the hunt for a new case.... Torn between a Diago Showman (just like what I have but 1 inch taller so the lid will actually close), a NYC Pedalboard, and an ATA case from Blackbird pedalboards. All of them are from $150-$200. I will let you all know which way I went in the next week or so...

12247034_10153407378033992_519886255833332745_n.jpg

I've had an NYC pedal board for at least 10 years. Works great and it's been through many iterations!

Kick-Tags.

Been using version 1 or 2 (cant remember which) for a long time, but they were getting worm. Got a new set last week - even better. Soooooo solid now. Kind of regret not getting the 2 part ones (money was tight, and didnt have the graphics I would have preferred), but still top notch product.

Really diggin the final product! I am always a sucker for a sturdy home made board. It would be really sweet if you could have found a way to cut some kind of handles in the side pieces. I guess that is probably not as big of a deal if you only use it in the studio. Playing live, I am always needing to get it off the stage before the drummers "drunken helpers" start walking without looking!

Really diggin the final product! I am always a sucker for a sturdy home made board. It would be really sweet if you could have found a way to cut some kind of handles in the side pieces. I guess that is probably not as big of a deal if you only use it in the studio. Playing live, I am always needing to get it off the stage before the drummers "drunken helpers" start walking without looking!

I've been looking at exactly that, or maybe even a cover that locks on with handles. Hopefully i'll have it done by the time back out gigging again.

My Current Rack, with the Voicelive Rack, one Shure ULXD4 wireless for my Shure Beta 58c, one Shure ULXD4 wireless for my guitar, one Shure PSM300 IEM wireless, one Rolls MX122 stereo mixer and my Fractal Audio Axe FX II in it:
2iCIhja.jpg

Pedalboard - Left Boss FV-500 is for Guitar volume, MFC Mk1, Mission pedal for Wah, Rocktron Midi-Mate to control the Voicelive rack, and one Boss FV-500 to ease in the harmony vocals on the Voicelive rack:
s4XmHte.jpg

Rack and pedalboard - I can connect the whole thing with one ethercon cable and one midi cable:
WTSLfU2.jpg

Nice, there is a lot of wireless going on over this rack.

Do you find you switch presets over the Midi-Mate / Voicelive a lot?
You know that you could take a midi out from the Axe to the midi in over the Voicelive rack and program the MFC/Axe to control both units together so when hitting a new preset switch over the MFC it will also load the one needed in the Voicelive rack.
Than you can take out the Midi-Mate.

Nice, there is a lot of wireless going on over this rack.

Do you find you switch presets over the Midi-Mate / Voicelive a lot?
You know that you could take a midi out from the Axe to the midi in over the Voicelive rack and program the MFC/Axe to control both units together so when hitting a new preset switch over the MFC it will also load the one needed in the Voicelive rack.
Than you can take out the Midi-Mate.

Oooh this sound interesting - I don't change presets too often on the Voicelive, but I would like a way to run it via the MFC, or to branch off vi a midi cable on the MFC - is this possible? and thanks Roadrunner!! I've also thought of getting a smaller midi pedal than the Midimate.......disaster area has some great designs......

Oooh this sound interesting - I don't change presets too often on the Voicelive, but I would like a way to run it via the MFC, or to branch off vi a midi cable on the MFC - is this possible? and thanks Roadrunner!! I've also thought of getting a smaller midi pedal than the Midimate.......disaster area has some great designs......

I haven't done that on the Axe/MFC but did tried it with other midi gear in my past rack years (ADA / Quad-X / TriAxis / G-Major / Ground control pro etc…).

First, you jumper a midi cable form the Axe midi out to the VoiceLive midi in.
The idea is running the MFC in 2 midi channels so you program the Axe for example to be on channel #1 and the VoiceLive on channel #2.
Than you decide which switches will do what, programing via the MFC and also defining the channel # for each switch / command.
Also I'm sure it's possible to assign a switch to send a command to both channels so switching a preset on the Axe will also switch on the VoiceLive.
Again, haven't tried it with the MFC but I'm sure it is possible.
You will have to play around with it a little.

MFC Pedalboard 2.0!! I got a sweet Black Friday deal on a Diago Showman Pedal case this year, and I have finally added my 3rd Expression pedal. The Mission is still doing the Wah stuff, the far right Expression pedal is infront of everything volume, and the middle controls specific peramiters like depth and mix of the tremelo and mix & feedback of my delay 2 setting.

With all the expression pedal inputs, I was finding it hard to connect the RJ45 Ethernet cable plus if anyone tripped over the cable at a show, I was worried it might damage the jack on the MFC, so I added a Neutrik connector and used a 1 foot CAT5 cable to move the jack to the back corner. Much easier now. The Ernie Ball expressions are connected using a HOSA right angle insert cable and I just cut the ends off and used pancake style ends at the exact length I needed. It was tough to fit 3 standard right angle TRS plugs that close together, this seems to be a little neater and more orginized.

Back
Top Bottom