Question for Fractal about plugins

And also more advanced MIDI implementation for the on board synth, sequencer and arp...(drop down note and time menus) would also be great, while I am wishing. LOL.
Hmm... why? I mean; what would the benefit be? Any software synth offers more options than the Axe does in terms of ... well ... synth options.

I have not read all the posts but perhaps after 6-7 years, Cliff will release a plugin version that uses the Axe hardware as a dongle (probably limited to AX8 level amps/fx). That dongle system works for Line6 and prevents warez/cracks (Podfarm also has iLok copy protection). It would also solve the "no audio over USB" for the AX8. If so, that would be AWESOME!

I have not read all the posts but perhaps after 6-7 years, Cliff will release a plugin version that uses the Axe hardware as a dongle (probably limited to AX8 level amps/fx). That dongle system works for Line6 and prevents warez/cracks (Podfarm also has iLok copy protection). It would also solve the "no audio over USB" for the AX8. If so, that would be AWESOME!

Podfarm is already cracked. The only realistic option for avoiding piracy is Log In verification. Propellerhead Reason, Bias Desktop, and Bias FX ect......they all do log in email verification. Only guaranteed protection that I have seen so far

So, a $200 VST/AAX reverb plugin? Not what I was expecting. I'm sure it will sound awesome, but I don't have a compelling reason to drop that much on another reverb plugin at this point. Between UAD, NI, AVID, Logic, etc., I have more reverbs than I can shake a strat at. And that doesn't include those in the AxeFx itself. Still, I am looking forward to hearing some reviews and also in what else they may release in the future. I'm still hoping for a VST/AAX of AxeEdit.

A clever first step:
1. Offer a well known basic effect with multiple competitors
2. Wait, how the market and problems like piracy develop
3. Offer more sophisticated effects like drive / amp block later, which contains more crucial fractal intellectual property

I see the first step more like

1. Be a completely unknown plugin provider
2. Make a basic effect with a huge number of free and paid alternatives from well-known plugin makers
3. Make your plugin more expensive than state-of-the-art paid plugins (reverbs from Waves, Valhalla etc.)
4. Do not make a proper demo or trial version
5. Sit back and wait while only the most dedicated Fractal fans buy your plugin

Did you mean plugins like VST's :) ? would be awesome!!!

Old school guitarists be like..
Fotolia_2245394_XS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom