Opeth material for tonematch

Hopefully this will help you: Mike uses Laney and Fred uses Marshall JVM410, but it varies a bit from what research I've come up with. Good info here:

Hopefully this will help you: Mike uses Laney and Fred uses Marshall JVM410, but it varies a bit from what research I've come up with. Good info here:

Fredrik Akkeson didn't play on Ghost Reveries and he uses entirely different equipment. I'm positive it was a Dual Rectifier with an overdrive in front into a Marshall cabinet. I'm gonna try and track down the making of video because I think it showed it there.

You're correct, Fred did not play on Ghost Reveries, but Peter did and used a Laney VH100R, right? I think he and Mike both used Laney's. Heck, not sure, I've had a bit to drink this evening. Just trying to help.

The isolated guitar track is great ! and it just shows the level required to be a professional player.

Mike was known to use a Roland Gt8 during this tour - which is pretty crazy when you think about it. There's a rig rundown somewhere for it. Great tone on the album though- one of my favs from them.

My vote is also for the Dual Rectifier.
It's noticeable in their "making of the album" documentary for Ghost Reveries.
...and for what it's worth, it just SOUNDS like a Rectifier to my ears. Very distinct.

And thanks to the OP for posting this- I had no idea there were isolated tracks to this album, I've been wanting this for years :)

Back
Top Bottom