Pro Tools and Axe Edit problems

zachhord

When I have pro tools 10 running axe edit will "communication Time out". Not every time though. I can click on say a drive block or an eq block and those will load and I can change them, but if i click on an amp or cab it will have a communication time out. I've tried have pro tools running with and without the axe fx 2 as its playback engine and i get the same results. I do have midi going in pro tools but there has to be a way to make it so it doesn't affect it. I've tried loading axe edit before I open pro tools and after, no change. I've deleted and reinstalled drivers. Nothing seems to work. I hope i'm just missing something simple inside pro tools or the axe settings. PLEASE HELP! It makes my sessions a nightmare trying to use the axe fx.

My gear is Pro tools 10, macbook pro 2009. Maverick.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 4.28.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 4.28.08 PM.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 9
Bummer. I have LPX so I don't no PT but do you have a midi control function accidentally applied to PT via the Axe Edit?

I would say double check your midi commands or then try uninstalling the Axe FX with App Delete or a program along those lines and reinstall.

Edit: meant Axe Edit not Axe FX

Last edited:
I have the same issue. I recently updated OSX10.6.8 to 10.7.5 (yes, pretty vintage ;-) ) and the problem came up. Still haven't found any workaround, all the tips mentioned here didn't fix the problem.

What did work was to connect the axe fx to the midi ports from the protools interface and select those ports into the preferences window in axe edit. Works, but a slow connection.

Last edited:
Similar problem here... I'm running LPX. It started when I updated to Quantum. Crazy slow doing anything with Axe Edit. Seriously need a fix!!

That happens because PT gets control over all the MIDI devices installed on your machine. Opening Axe-Edit with the Axe-Fx connected before launching PT will help.

Another thing: do not pause Axe-Edit while opening PT or adding (MIDI) tracks.

Back
Top Bottom