MFC MK1 Power Problem

Waltdude

After quantum 1.0,and MFC-101 3.08 update. I have no power on mfc, when i connect the 7pin midi and wall wart is connected to back of axe-fx, which is what i used to update. I try the 5 pin connection, and i get a time out. The unit works fine as far as all presets, and mfc function.

Hi Chris! Thanks for the response, it's been crazy around here with all the prepping for thanksgiving. Man I am going to really need your help on this one.. First I will tell you that I updated to Quantum 1.0, and FW3.08 on MFC101 three weeks ago. After that I updated the presets to v18.3. The sound seemed to be noisy on one of the old presets that I uploaded from axe exchange. I then tried to re-download that preset again, and found that the mfc 101 would not power up with the 7pin midi, and adaptor plugged into the back of the axe-fx. Now i'm finding that no method of connection works, weather it be 5pim/with adaptor plugged into the back of the mfc-101.( that configuration results in an error code 18).
I've tried using the Ethernet cable for power with 5pin midi ( it too results in an error code 18.) I once got an error code 16 This all happened
tonight when I thought I would find out if there is a problem with the power assist circuit in the back of the axe-fx.. So really I have no way of updating anything. Oh by the way I also went looking through my presets, and found they are all the old presets that I overwrote when I updated. I have a suspicion this must have happened when I down loaded the old single preset, and loaded it into the unit. Sorry for the long read, never had this problem before. I always go to your web site, and familiarize myself with the update procedure before updating. Thanks again for all the help. P.S. I'm using a Mac Book Pro for software transfer.

Back
Top Bottom