The first of our PRODUCER CAB PACKS is now available in our online store.
Fractal Audio Systems Cab Pack One - WELLSPRING SOUND
CAB PACK 1: WELLSPRING SOUND is a collection of over 200 user cab files for the Axe-Fx II, Ultra or Standard.
Axe-Fx II Firmware 10 included a collection of new Factory cab IRs, created through a different approach than previous offerings. Instead of capturing elements for later remix, we asked studio owners with incredible vintage gear collections to give us their best shot the mics/positions/preamps they would use for the discriminating player. Instead of strict mechanical positioning, mics were placed from experience and blended by ear.
For each guitar cab, we captured the "Producer's Mix," and these became the new Factory cabs included with firmware 10.
In addition to those mixes, however, these sessions produced a great number of additional IRs, now offered here.
These include captures of every individual mic in each mix, plus other mics which were initially set up but then muted.
Together these IRs give you a palette of tones captured from the incredible cabs in the Wellspring collection (plus a few amps we carried with us to the studio):
- 4x10 ‘59 Bassguy Tweed
- 1x12 ‘63 Vibrato Lux Brownface
- 2x12 ‘63 Class-A Non TB 30W (Jensen Blues)
- 1x10 ‘66 Prince Tone Black Reverb
- 2x10 ‘66 Vibrato Lux Reverb (Mojos)
- 4x10 ‘67 Super Verb
- 1x12 ‘68 Deluxe Verb
- 1x10 ‘68 Prince Tone Silver
- 2x12 ‘68 Dual Verb (Jensens)
- 4x12 ‘72 Basketweave w. Greenbacks
- 1x12 Class-A 15W
- 1x12 Hot Kitty
- 1x12 Division 13
- 1x15 Hamilton-Kolby Pro-15R (Weber Ferromax)
- 2x10 Hamilton-Kolby Tweed SPR-210 (Weber Sig-10S)
- 1x12 Deluxe Tweed (Celestions)
Here's what's included:
- Four Individual Mics on EVERY CAB (Shure SM57, Royer 121, Sennheiser MD421, Shure KSM32), each through three different preamps (Neve 1070, Fearn VT-2, Massenburg GML8304)
- Plus two Alternate Mix IRs for each cab, one each through a Fearn and Massenberg preamps. (Factory IR Mixes were captured through the Neve signal path)
- Plus a few psuedo far field IRs captured through an Earthworks TC30.
No new bass cab IRs included in this release (The individual mics are already in Firmware 10 and no mixes were produced.)
Any IRs which were used as factory cabs are also INCLUDED in this collection for reference.
You may wonder why these are offered for sale and not for free. In fact it is quite expensive to produce these IR collections. The cost, which we feel is very modest, helps offset this to ensure we can keep making more cab packs. We'll be releasing VOLUME 2: MAD OAK STUDIOS, next month.
Thanks, and enjoy,