Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pussy Power by CIOKS

Land of vikings... and really hot chicks!
    I can't really see the big deal...
    There are tons of music gear that have names that are in the same league.
    Everyone laughs at Hairy Brown Eye, Sex drive, Big Muff, Super Hard On, Hairy Balls etc...
    What's the big deal? Would it be ok if they named it "Dick Power" or "Anal force"?

Geez... If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Worse things happen in the world than worrying about what someone names their power supply.

just my .2

Cheers!
    - jonah

Problem with that reasoning is where does it end? Society would never have accepted it a generation ago and they were better people for it..people push boundaries until there are no boundaries left, children grow up immune, and what was one time vile is accepted as "normal" with reasoning like "what's the big deal?" I could go on but I'm not anyone's moral instructor on here!!
    ...You take the TUBE, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the Ax, you stay in wonderland, and i show you how deep the input hole goes...

They should have painted something like a cat in a Superman outfit on it. Then it would have been more of a double entendre. Instead they put a vagina on it and it just looks crass.
    acwild likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamCook View Post
    They should have painted something like a cat in a Superman outfit on it. Then it would have been more of a double entendre. Instead they put a vagina on it and it just looks crass.

This is signature-worthy. Especially when read out of context.

Land of vikings... and really hot chicks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_melling View Post
    Problem with that reasoning is where does it end? Society would never have accepted it a generation ago and they were better people for it..people push boundaries until there are no boundaries left, children grow up immune, and what was one time vile is accepted as "normal" with reasoning like "what's the big deal?" I could go on but I'm not anyone's moral instructor on here!!
    I can agree with that... However, I hear no one complaining about naming an amp Hairy Brown Eye.
    Personally I think the censorship is going in the wrong direction sometimes. It's ok to show brutal murders and beatings on TV, but God forbid if you show a tit.

...anyways... moving right on
    - jonah

Quote Originally Posted by shasha View Post
    I was thinking about making a pedal that had all the tone parameters referencing butt types. You could have one pot that ranged from petite to phat, one that went from smooth to hairy, one that was firm to sloppy; etc. I offended myself to the point of not doing it.
    Dude, you're too late:
    Metasonix TX-2 Butt Probe Effects Box

Quote Originally Posted by AdamCook View Post
    A perfect analysis. The graphic doesn't offend me. It just shows a complete lack of creativity and class. CIOKS comes across as a Metasonix wannabe. At least that company has some unique products behind the horrid names/graphics. This thing is a mundane, run-of-the-mill, garden variety power supply....with a vagina on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark_melling View Post
    Problem with that reasoning is where does it end? Society would never have accepted it a generation ago and they were better people for it..
    It would be interesting to discover what constitutes a 'better' person. This is quite a subjective term in this context. Do not both sides feel a sense of superiority over the other? 'These people have no morals...' 'Those people have no sense of humour...'

Who is correct??!! How fascinating

Even the company name is complementary to the product CIOKS???

Poor taste if you ask me!

..../.
    Last edited by dodo; Apr-15-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antcarrier View Post
    It would be interesting to discover what constitutes a 'better' person. This is quite a subjective term in this context. Do not both sides feel a sense of superiority over the other? 'These people have no morals...' 'Those people have no sense of humour...'

Who is correct??!! How fascinating
    It has nothing to do with having a "sense of superiority" put a child in any environment and chances are he will continue in the same way..the very people that find this acceptable today if born a generation ago would almost certainly find it repulsive and demeaning, imitating the society and accepted "norms" of the day and the community they lived in.

Is it right or wrong..trying to answer something like that on a forum would be suicide!
    ...You take the TUBE, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the Ax, you stay in wonderland, and i show you how deep the input hole goes...

...it doesn't bother me too much. Maybe if I had kids around the house, I wouldn't buy one and have it laying around. Can imagine this power supply ending up on many rock and rollers' pedal boards for the crass factor. Whatever.
    Ochanomizu ( 御茶ノ水 means "Tea Water" in Japanese). A great place to visit in Tokyo if you like lot's of guitar shops :-)

It could have been worse....
    BieberFuzz.GIF

Bieber Fuzz
    mmmmmmmm

My kind of box...

(had to do it)

I find it repulsive that slavery was once accepted in the United States (not so long ago, on a world history time line).
    On a lighter note, i am at work and just noticed the Window's bar at the bottom of my computer says "Pussy Power..." - I wonder how many people have walked by and wondered what I'm doing...

KG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12