Atomic SLR 400

Se7en

Inspired
From FB

"Introducing SLR 400! Stereo Linear Reference
400W - Feather weight – Fanless - Pure
(Pictured with Fractal Audio Systems' Axe-Fx II)"'
atomic_slr.jpg

Anymore news? Nothing from their website. (I hope not a "paper launch" like the CLRs)

Attachments

• atomic_slr.jpg
    atomic_slr.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Hmm. Well, it's a smart move because of the demand. I don't regret my active CLR purchase at all but the flexibility of using cabs is nice. I'm curious if they can compete on price against imported top shelf models. Would be nice to have a local top shelf option in the US outside our mail order company.

Much better place for a power amp to live I believe.

Cool to see Atomic and Matrix being inspired by each other on the solid state amplification end of things ..... (see the new 'M' series Matrix rack amp with a DSP built into it etc) ...... can only be a good thing for us all. Maybe nobody (in US or EU at least) has to be a victim of geography and import/export duties.

I'm interested in seeing specs and so forth, but I have to mention that the aesthetic of the design are a bit neglected.
I don't understand this. There's no "WOW" factor in this unit. Not bashing, just wishing that some more thought went into the actual product design. There's a reason Apple is a top tier company, and it's not just because of the quality of their products. It's at least 50% because of their looks/design.

I'm interested in seeing specs and so forth, but I have to mention that the aesthetic of the design are a bit neglected.
I don't understand this. There's no "WOW" factor in this unit. Not bashing, just wishing that some more thought went into the actual product design. There's a reason Apple is a top tier company, and it's not just because of the quality of their products. It's at least 50% because of their looks/design.

I personally kinda' dig the <name your body part> is on fire logo.

Finally!! I have has the pleasure of hearing this rig first hand, and all I can say is that the competition should beware!!! I do not know the specs, but from what I experienced its very powerful and crystal clear. I stopped by to see Tom and he had the proto type cranked up in the warehouse and it has all you need and then some!!!! It is the next piece to finish my rig that's for sure (when I get the money lol!!) ATOMIC ROCKS!!! cant wait Tom!!

Oh man, I'm still blow away by and 100% happy with my 3 active CLR wedges, that keeps performing flawlessly and sounding better than anything else that I've ever tried - including some very nice and über expensive stage monitors

Still I'm very, very curious about the new Atomic SLR 400 and I would surely like to try one for myself.

If the SLR 400 is of the same quality sound and component wise as the CLRs - and I can't imagine Tom King releasing anything substandard - it could be just what the doctor ordered for my small fly rig when I'm not using IEM with that, and as a back-up and for making my own IRs of my cabs.
It would be very convenient to have 5 back-up presets dialed in for use with a Marshall quad box with Greenbacks and 5 presets dialed in for a quad with V30's.

I had a feeling they'd release this and I may have waited for it but for me, it would have been about total weight. There's only a 1 pound difference between the active and passive CLR's... now if you were to use it with a other lightweight speakers like the new Matrix cabs, there's a lot of weight savings to be had... well, assuming this new unit doesn't weigh more than say, 10 lbs.

Looks a lot nicer than the Matrix amps.

How about that DSP stuff Matrix is doing for super-flat EQ and, from my estimation, fletcher-munson balancing as well?

Back
Top Bottom