tech 21 power engine and the Axe, Any one tried it?

racetra

Inspired
I am lookin for a compact setup for when I am on the road. I have a Roland cube 40 that I was using but I now bring the Axe with me. The cube works ok with the Axe plugged in but is a 10 inch speaker and if I get a chance to play with someone its not quite enough. I know it isnt gonna be an RCF but so far I have been able to make the AxeII sound killer even through my Big Rig Stereo.

Anyways Just wondering if any one has used one!

I've used a Tech 21 Power Engine for years at church and it's great for a compact light weight rig. Have use it with Fractal and with an old JMP-1/Palmer PDI-09 for cab emulation. Open back design give it a real amp in the room type of sound and it's pretty loud. Weighs like 33 pounds. Speaker is nor truly full range, but it's got plenty enough high end for guitar and a modeler. The EQ on the T21PE is pretty powerful (a good thing). You'd likely want to create a set of presets for use with it as opposed to presets that are set up to go into a true full range system (ie PA or Studio Monitors). I'm a fan.

I've used a Tech 21 Power Engine for years at church and it's great for a compact light weight rig. Have use it with Fractal and with an old JMP-1/Palmer PDI-09 for cab emulation. Open back design give it a real amp in the room type of sound and it's pretty loud. Weighs like 33 pounds. Speaker is nor truly full range, but it's got plenty enough high end for guitar and a modeler. The EQ on the T21PE is pretty powerful (a good thing). You'd likely want to create a set of presets for use with it as opposed to presets that are set up to go into a true full range system (ie PA or Studio Monitors). I'm a fan.

I used my power engine last night. Sounded GREAT with V10! I replaced the tech 21 stock speaker with a Scumback m75. I disabled the cab block.

They do work great. I have 2 PE60s available for sale - if you're interested you can PM me. I need to run some synth and acoustic through my chain so they don't have the very top end to sparkle, but for guitar tones, they're great. I also replaced the stock speakers with Beyma 12GA50s for even more of an FRFR setup, and that was good too.

Back
Top Bottom