How to load a user made preset into the Axe FX II?

EricGlass

Inspired
Sorry but I can't find this anywhere. I got my II today and am new to the Axe-FX. I was able to download the 5.01 version and the preset banks for it but can't find anything on how to load up individual user made presets.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Normal way would be to use AxeEdit: Click on RECALL and select Import from Preset File.

You can also open AxeManage and drag and drop a preset to the location you want to use, then send changes to the AxeFx. In this case you would use the left-hand pane and click on (for example) Bank A under AXE-FX to display the bank you want to use. Then use the left-hand pane to navigate to the folder where the preset is stored, right click and select New View Here. Drag the preset to the location you want to use and then click File, select Send to Axe-Fx, and finally select Changed Presets. You can also get there using right-click.

Edit: I just noticed that the users guide packaged with current version of Axe-Edit is out of date when compared to what you get through help if you follow Yek's instructions. Both are listed as v1.0, but the downloaded version stops with section 4: "coming soon."

Last edited:
In Axe-Edit open Help and select Quick Start.

Already did that before making this thread, saw nothing that answered my question but thanks.

Normal way would be to use AxeEdit: Click on RECALL and select Import from Preset File.

You can also open AxeManage and drag and drop a preset to the location you want to use, then send changes to the AxeFx. In this case you would use the left-hand pane and click on (for example) Bank A under AXE-FX to display the bank you want to use. Then use the left-hand pane to navigate to the folder where the preset is stored, right click and select New View Here. Drag the preset to the location you want to use and then click File, select Send to Axe-Fx, and finally select Changed Presets. You can also get there using right-click.

Edit: I just noticed that the users guide packaged with current version of Axe-Edit is out of date when compared to what you get through help if you follow Yek's instructions. Both are listed as v1.0, but the downloaded version stops with section 4: "coming soon."

Thanks that works, also seemed to work when I just drag them from my folder into one of the banks in axe edit. However none of the patches (Mark Day's) I tried work. I don't know if they are compatible with the II?

However none of the patches (Mark Day's) I tried work. I don't know if they are compatible with the II?

I had the same issue. But I figured it out.
You have to either shunt effects like Volume/pan, etc. or go into the effect and change controller from external to none.

thanks for asking the question - I was coming to the same one today. I assume that you need to overwrite one of the existing patches to save it, right?

Hi ... every time i want to upload a user preset on this forum ..i got an error message on axe edit "wrong asset type for current model config" .. got 5.01 ... latest version of axe edit ..... ive tried recent patches and old ones too .... same result every time wrong asset type for current model config :( any ideas ? ... axe edit is set on axe 2 of course

Hi ... every time i want to upload a user preset on this forum ..i got an error message on axe edit "wrong asset type for current model config" .. got 5.01 ... latest version of axe edit ..... ive tried recent patches and old ones too .... same result every time wrong asset type for current model config :( any ideas ? ... axe edit is set on axe 2 of course

Unfortunately, you can't load presets from older firmwares. Or if there's a way to do it please let us know.

Unfortunately, you can't load presets from older firmwares. Or if there's a way to do it please let us know.

Wow, now I am baffled. Yesterday I posted a thread asking if patches that were created with older AXE FX II firmware will work on the AXE FX II witht he newest firmare and I was told "yes" it will work (although the patch may sound a bit different because it was created with older firmwre). Now it is appearing like it won't work? This is one of the reasons why I bought this unit (to be able to use patches from the user community).

Bill

Yes, you can. As you would load any preset using Axe-Edit.
You can't load presets created for Standard/Ultra.

How about RTFM?
How about doing a search?
Reading the wiki?
Any of the above would have answered your question OP.

Anyone else think its just LAZY to not do the above?
Plus a thank you to the guys who answered the OP would be nice, since you didn't bother to check for yourself...

personally i think the OP question is fine,
for the record.. the word USER PRESET/S is not found anywhere in the
AXE FX II or AX Edit manuals, so i can understand how someone might have a
hard time figuring it out at first

for that matter it would be nice if the manual mentioned how you download other user presets
and get them into your own system

personally i think the OP question is fine,
for the record.. the word USER PRESET/S is not found anywhere in the
AXE FX II or AX Edit manuals, so i can understand how someone might have a
hard time figuring it out at first

for that matter it would be nice if the manual mentioned how you download other user presets
and get them into your own system

It would be good to have a user guide update, or even a tipsheet showing how to download, load, and save a user preset into the AXE FX II.

Well it was covered a bit in pg 7 of the axe edit manual. I can understand the need for a 'quickstart' pdf, just a couple pages long like the ones roland does, with flowery diagrams and all that.

Nonetheless, it's covered in the manual and on the forum, so both points are valid.

Answers like this just plain suck...instead of trying to be a tough guy pointing out the obvious why don't you actually help a little?

How about RTFM?
How about doing a search?
Reading the wiki?
Any of the above would have answered your question OP.

Anyone else think its just LAZY to not do the above?
Plus a thank you to the guys who answered the OP would be nice, since you didn't bother to check for yourself...

Sorry but I can't find this anywhere. I got my II today and am new to the Axe-FX. I was able to download the 5.01 version and the preset banks for it but can't find anything on how to load up individual user made presets.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Do you have a MAC? I am a noob and I just figured it out. PM me if you need help

Back
Top Bottom