Sound problems right in the PA

frankkirmis

Hi Guys,

I am using the Axe-FX and I really like it, but still I wasn`t able to find a good distortion rhythm sound directly into the PA ( like "summer of 69" )
I am using a PRS MCarty Hollowbody II which is definitely not the problem. The PA is a Dynacord MIxer with 4 Bose coloumms
which are also pretty good sounding. So what I am doing wrong? I have to play in the PA as our singer doesn't want to have an AMP on the stage.

Can somebody help me with that?

Get a QSC K12 no amp PA speaker and you can set it how you like. Singers Ears aren't really that great when it comes to guitar tone.IMHO

Misunderstanding

Hi,

thanks for your idea, but there is may be a misunderstanding: The PA and the mixing console I have to play in, is for the whole band, so n chance to change things. My set up is very easy: Guitar (PRS Hollowbody) into AXE-FE and through XLR out into a normal PA! My problem I can't get any good rxthm distrotion sound out of of this setting, which fits in the standard midi file environment of our Top 40 project! Any suggested settings?

Hi,

thanks for your idea, but there is may be a misunderstanding: The PA and the mixing console I have to play in, is for the whole band, so n chance to change things. My set up is very easy: Guitar (PRS Hollowbody) into AXE-FE and through XLR out into a normal PA! My problem I can't get any good rxthm distrotion sound out of of this setting, which fits in the standard midi file environment of our Top 40 project! Any suggested settings?

Try downloading some patches that people find they get 'great' distortion tones out of. Then adjust slightly to your style?

A lot of people go direct in from output 1. I don't. I use a Radial JDI Duplex box just in case the mixer doesn't like line in. But I wouldn't think that would be a problem with the Dynacord. If you haven't yet tried it, you might want to put a PEQ after everything to cut the extreme lows and fizzy highs. This thread might be worth reviewing, http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-parametric-eq-tip-contouring-your-sound.html.

I would suggest messing with the global eq; but if you're having problems with the distortion only, then that's probably not a problem.

If that doesn't help, the next thing would to be to go deeper. What's you're current approach to getting that sound? I listen to that Bryan Adams' song, and I can hear several different ways about going about getting that.

Last edited:
Hi,

My guess is its NOT the PA... how do you set up your presets before a gig? If it sounds great at home/rehearsals, what is different at the gig? Is it just that one song or all of them? Why can't you adjust settings on PA at gig? Do you monitor by listening to Bose columns or are you IEM?
it all can have an impact...

frankkirmis;523469 I have to play in the PA as our singer doesn't want to have an AMP on the stage. Can somebody help me with that?[/QUOTE said:
Get a new singer? Sorry couldn't resist.

Hi Guys,

I am using the Axe-FX and I really like it, but still I wasn`t able to find a good distortion rhythm sound directly into the PA ( like "summer of 69" )
I am using a PRS MCarty Hollowbody II which is definitely not the problem. The PA is a Dynacord MIxer with 4 Bose coloumms
which are also pretty good sounding. So what I am doing wrong? I have to play in the PA as our singer doesn't want to have an AMP on the stage.

Can somebody help me with that?

Hi,

The Bose setup is never going to work well for electric sounds IMHO, several here have tried it. It's ok for acoustic stuff.

I don't have to much experience with the bose PA system but I am sure you should be able to get a working sound out of it.
A few things to think about would be:

1. Try to be very clear/precise in how the sound does not fit, then you can ask for help with it easier here and you'll
be much closer to fix it yourself. Did you consider posting a preset?

2. How do you make your patches at home? Does your amplification at home color the sound in a way that will affect how it sounds in the PA

3. Do you have problems with all kind of sounds or only this (crunch?) sound.

Edit: I just saw that I had overlooked s0c9's post. This is saying the same...

Jens

+2 on the Bose system, It sounds ok but it's not the easiest to setup presets on. You really need to spend a lot of time dialing in that system I don't know why but it is a PITA to work with on the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom