Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By FractalAudio
  • 1 Post By benitodevalencio

Thread: axe fx 2 price drop!

axe fx 2 price drop!

Just seen the $400.00 price drop on the site, come on g66 lets get the price point down for europe.
    Who knows i may even upgrade then but as it stands the standard/ultra is so good im not even sure it is worth it.

Are they releasing an Axe3?

I think they just re-adjusted the "list price" down from where it was before the waiting list was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflict View Post
    Just seen the $400.00 price drop on the site, come on g66 lets get the price point down for europe.
    Who knows i may even upgrade then but as it stands the standard/ultra is so good im not even sure it is worth it.
    Yeah, that's how I feel too. I'm happy with the Ultra. The price drop does make me think about it, so I can be like all the other cool kids. But I don't want to have to re-do all my patches. I think I'll hold out for Axe III.

Quote Originally Posted by benitodevalencio View Post
    Yeah, that's how I feel too. I'm happy with the Ultra. The price drop does make me think about it, so I can be like all the other cool kids. But I don't want to have to re-do all my patches. I think I'll hold out for Axe III.
    Same here. The thought of recreating every patch from scratch is too much to even think about. Too bad for me. Otherwise, I'd have the II already.

There was no price drop. The waiting list price was $2199. The waiting list is over so the regular price is now $2199.

Ok so when will the steep g66 price follow suite?

It won't... From what I understand G66 had no coupon for its waiting list. It is already at roughly $2199 plus VAT, etc...
    Mauricio "MO" Ortega
    https://www.facebook.com/pigweedband
    http://www.soundclick.com/pigweed
    http://www.soundcloud.com/pigweed

Its at 1939.99 uk pounds at the moment i think

HJM
    Which isn't that bad given at $2199 is 1409 plus shipping, duty and 20% vat....and an extended warranty than you get in the US. Probably about 100 premium buying from G66. That's all I saved importing through a friend in the US, and if it goes wrong I'll have to ship it back to the States.....if G66 had them in stock I'd have bought from them, I was just impatient and got on the wait list in the US at the same time as G66, the US list was quicker!

I can't see what people are having issue with here.
    In the UK I bought my Axe FX 2 from G66 which cost me 1820.00 all in (deliver and taxes etc)..
    If I bought from the the US it would have been:

Total customs value: 1455.14 ($2199)
    - Duty: 39.29
    - VAT: 298.89
    Total import duty & taxes due: 338.17
    Total landed cost: 1793.3
    Plus onto that shipping and extended warranty and I really can't see there being much point in moaning?

As I stated in another thread just yesterday and Cliff commented on in this very thread...

There was no price drop! The $2195 price was with a wait list coupon. The $2595 price was for those who wanted one quickly and did not want to go on the wait list. They paid extra for that convenience. Since the wait list has been exhausted there is no need for the coupons anymore and the price is STILL at the $2195 the vast majority (I.e. the patient people) purchased their units for.
    Craig Shewmake
    Too much gear...too little time...
    FAS Beta Tester

The price drop does make me think about it, so I can be like all the other cool kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by FractalAudio View Post
    There was no price drop. The waiting list price was $2199. The waiting list is over so the regular price is now $2199.

Looks like you won't be like all the cool kids hey?

The Ultra still kicks butt!
    .................................................................................M.............................................................................
    <::::{To most Christians, the bible is like a software license. Nobody actually reads it, | they just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree".}::::>

Quote Originally Posted by Midiot View Post
    Looks like you won't be like all the cool kids hey?

The Ultra still kicks butt!
    I'll wait for the AxeFx III price drop!

I'll wait for the AxeFx III price drop!
    Exactly! I think the Axe II will get me by for the time being...
    Axe-Fx II | Peavey 6505 | Mesa Recto 2x12 Cabinet | Ampeg BA112 | Mission Engineering EP-1 | KRK RP2-8 & RP2-5 Monitors | V-Moda M-100

Gibson Les Paul Standard | Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 | Gibson SG | Taylor 314ce | Ibanez RGA121 Prestige | Spector Legend-4

Is it worth it!!!??? YES
    Have you seen all the development and major changes it has gone through. At this point the II is just miles ahead of the Ultra if you ask me.
    Music is an art,language,and a culture that you develop and excel in throughout your life.

Equipment: Fractal Audio Systems Axe FxII,Motu 896 MK3,and JBL LSR4326P,MFC 101 Foot Controller,Rash MT Monster 7 string Custom Guitar,Godin Multiac Nylon,and Alvarez Yairi Monte Montgomery Signature.