Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Atomic SLR 400

Atomic SLR 400

From FB

"Introducing SLR 400! Stereo Linear Reference
    400W - Feather weight – Fanless - Pure
    (Pictured with Fractal Audio Systems' Axe-Fx II)"'

Anymore news? Nothing from their website. (I hope not a "paper launch" like the CLRs)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Se7en; Oct-7-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    My gear: 6xCaparison --> AxeFx2 + MFC-101 --> 2x12 EVM 2L Org <Custom w/ Matrix GM50> | Adam A7X

Had me @ STEREO!
    Tom King likes this.
    Follow my Mindless Meanderings on the TwItIsphere
    http://twitter.com/GuitarDojo

AXE II - MFC 101 - Atomic CLR Wedge = Bliss
    Disclosure: Fractal Audio Beta tester. NDA in effect.

Maybe this and 2 passive CLRs =)

Good times for axefx owners: CLRs/Q12/NL2/NL212 and the new FR212
    Tom King and Kriig like this.
    My gear: 6xCaparison --> AxeFx2 + MFC-101 --> 2x12 EVM 2L Org <Custom w/ Matrix GM50> | Adam A7X

Hmm. Well, it's a smart move because of the demand. I don't regret my active CLR purchase at all but the flexibility of using cabs is nice. I'm curious if they can compete on price against imported top shelf models. Would be nice to have a local top shelf option in the US outside our mail order company.

Much better place for a power amp to live I believe.

Cool to see Atomic and Matrix being inspired by each other on the solid state amplification end of things ..... (see the new 'M' series Matrix rack amp with a DSP built into it etc) ...... can only be a good thing for us all. Maybe nobody (in US or EU at least) has to be a victim of geography and import/export duties.

This fanless power amp will have a lot of fans

Nicely done Atomic!

if its related the power amp section of the active clrs i can already tell you they sound great
    Tom King likes this.

I'm interested in seeing specs and so forth, but I have to mention that the aesthetic of the design are a bit neglected.
    I don't understand this. There's no "WOW" factor in this unit. Not bashing, just wishing that some more thought went into the actual product design. There's a reason Apple is a top tier company, and it's not just because of the quality of their products. It's at least 50% because of their looks/design.

Quote Originally Posted by Patzag View Post
    I'm interested in seeing specs and so forth, but I have to mention that the aesthetic of the design are a bit neglected.
    I don't understand this. There's no "WOW" factor in this unit. Not bashing, just wishing that some more thought went into the actual product design. There's a reason Apple is a top tier company, and it's not just because of the quality of their products. It's at least 50% because of their looks/design.
    I personally kinda' dig the <name your body part> is on fire logo.

So when they say 400 Watts. Do they mean only 200 @ 8ohms on each side or?
    Axe FX II, Shure GLX Wireless, Liquid Foot Pro, Carvin DCM 1540L, Fishman Triple Play with Macbook Pro

Specs.... or it doesn't exist
    Axe II
    Guitar: Carvin CT624T
    Amplification:M-Audio BX8a's!
    Controls: Ground control Pro, Ernie Ball VP Jr, Sennheiser EW100 G2

Quote Originally Posted by Robboman View Post
    This fanless power amp will have a lot of fans

Nicely done Atomic!
    This one hadn't occurred to me and made me chuckle. Nicely done Robboman!

Finally!! I have has the pleasure of hearing this rig first hand, and all I can say is that the competition should beware!!! I do not know the specs, but from what I experienced its very powerful and crystal clear. I stopped by to see Tom and he had the proto type cranked up in the warehouse and it has all you need and then some!!!! It is the next piece to finish my rig that's for sure (when I get the money lol!!) ATOMIC ROCKS!!! cant wait Tom!!
    AXE FX DOS! Marshall9100 -- TWO ATOMIC CLR Passive CABS -- TWO ATOMIC CLR Passive WEDGES-- Atomic Reactor Cab -- 1977 Les Paul Custom 1988 Jackson/Charvel Model 6 2006 American Strat

It would make a nice christmas gift...
    AXE FX 2, Atomic CLR wedge, Custom Rivard relic Telecaster guitar, Musicman Luke III, 2 custom Warmoth strat, Focal CMS 50 monitors.

I guess this is based on the clr amps?

Oh man, I'm still blow away by and 100% happy with my 3 active CLR wedges, that keeps performing flawlessly and sounding better than anything else that I've ever tried - including some very nice and über expensive stage monitors

Still I'm very, very curious about the new Atomic SLR 400 and I would surely like to try one for myself.

If the SLR 400 is of the same quality sound and component wise as the CLRs - and I can't imagine Tom King releasing anything substandard - it could be just what the doctor ordered for my small fly rig when I'm not using IEM with that, and as a back-up and for making my own IRs of my cabs.
    It would be very convenient to have 5 back-up presets dialed in for use with a Marshall quad box with Greenbacks and 5 presets dialed in for a quad with V30's.

Now thats a great idea Christmas HEYY SANTA!!!!
    AXE FX DOS! Marshall9100 -- TWO ATOMIC CLR Passive CABS -- TWO ATOMIC CLR Passive WEDGES-- Atomic Reactor Cab -- 1977 Les Paul Custom 1988 Jackson/Charvel Model 6 2006 American Strat

I had a feeling they'd release this and I may have waited for it but for me, it would have been about total weight. There's only a 1 pound difference between the active and passive CLR's... now if you were to use it with a other lightweight speakers like the new Matrix cabs, there's a lot of weight savings to be had... well, assuming this new unit doesn't weigh more than say, 10 lbs.

Looks a lot nicer than the Matrix amps.

How about that DSP stuff Matrix is doing for super-flat EQ and, from my estimation, fletcher-munson balancing as well?
    My "Band": Chosen Blood

Instruments: BC Rich Warlock, Ibanez SR300, Washburn D10S, Yamaha C40, Hohner Special 20s, Shure SM58
    Signal Path: Instrument → Grace m101 → Fractal Axe-Fx II → Stewart World 1.2 → Atomic Reactor FRs
    Other Equipment: Fractal MFC-101, Mission EP1 & SP1, Furman PF-Pro R, ARX USB DI-HP, Yamaha HS50Ms (w/ARC), M-Audio KeyStation 61es, MacBook Pro

sold my tube amps

I had an Atomic 50/50. Loved the sound but man I hated even moving it room to room. This looks promising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast