Thread: ISP Technologies Stealth Power amp

ISP Technologies Stealth Power amp

I just saw this amp pop up on my fb feed from Sweetwater and it looks interesting to try with the Axe. 180 watts might not be enough for some people tho.

ISP Technologies Stealth 180 Watt Pedalboard Power Amp | Sweetwater.com

It would be a great option if it worked! What do you guys think?
    Axe-FX II, MC-101, 2 mission expression pedals (SP1, SP2), Retro Channel Stereo Power amp, 2 EV12L 1x12 ported cabs, 1x12 ASW KTS-70 cab, EJ strat, Forshage Custom, EBMM Silhoutte, Godin Mulitac Nylon Synth, EVH Wolfgang Special 2010, SBMM Silo30, EBMM Silhoutte Special, Epiphone Slash, Squier modified Tele, PRS 305

Hmm yea probably not enough power....very light though.
    Axe FX II, Shure GLX Wireless, Liquid Foot Pro, Carvin DCM 1540L, Fishman Triple Play with Macbook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by elchampion View Post
    It would be a great option if it worked!
    Well said.

However, I am curious about it. The price is right ($332.26) and Sweetwater does have a 30 day "no questions asked" return policy. It'd probably be worth a test drive... ?

At the very least it might be a great emergency backup unit being it's so light to carry. I've had a power amp die a day before a gig, so it does happen.

Even if it turns out not to be a great primary amp, it might however just save the day... ?

These little power amps are awesome! I run one with my Axe-FX II with great results. I use it with the Power Amp simulation ON. I A/B'd the ISP with a Mesa Mark V power amp section and was able to use a little bit of graphic eq before the output to get it 99% "matched".

As far as the volume goes, it competes with another guitarist, drummer, and bass player; no problem!
    Last edited by The Coil Unwinds; Oct-14-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: additional info

Not to deter you from trying it cuz hey it works for the above guy but just making sure you also have heard of this - electro-harmonix 44 Magnum 44 Watt Power Amp Pedal | Sweetwater.com Its been plenty loud for me with my 16 ohm 1x12. It's what I'm using until I see what the new Fryette tube power amp and atomic SLR 400 are all about. I also think for the price and compactness this is a great deal too. Plus if you ever want to get rid of it its a bit more popular to sell...
    Axe FX II, Shure GLX Wireless, Liquid Foot Pro, Carvin DCM 1540L, Fishman Triple Play with Macbook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Keg8605 View Post
    Not to deter you from trying it cuz hey it works for the above guy but just making sure you also have heard of this - electro-harmonix 44 Magnum 44 Watt Power Amp Pedal | Sweetwater.com Its been plenty loud for me with my 16 ohm 1x12. It's what I'm using until I see what the new Fryette tube power amp and atomic SLR 400 are all about. I also think for the price and compactness this is a great deal too. Plus if you ever want to get rid of it its a bit more popular to sell...
    FWIW, those EH pedals are just a TI Class D chip amp wired into a box, so from that end, they feel incredibly expensive to me.

I just ordered a Lepai 2020A+ which is a stereo 20W/ch amp that has a preamp bypass button built in for $25 on Amazon as a lower power/portable power amp, looking forward to checking it out. Since my main setup is stereo I'd much rather have a stereo unit. Another option if you don't mind just the smallest bit of DIY, is to pick up a stereo class D board from Parts Express and add an old or inexpensive laptop PSU. You can get higher wattages than 20/ch with those.

Those Class D amps are generally well regarded as Hifi chip amplifiers.